We had fun celebrating the wedding of Jesse and Celeste all together this Saturday, meeting Jesse's extended family and friends. The hay barn was filled with good cheer, dancing, and delicious food.
We took a small break from planting yesterday to cultivate and prep more beds. This week the winter squash, peppers, and eggplants will be planted, along with celeriac and brussel sprouts.
This week's pick list:
- Green Garlic
- Cilantro and dill
- Ground peppers
- Revolution Bread is available
Curried Egg Salad, adapted from nytimes.com
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 teaspoon plain 2-percent-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chile powderteaspoon , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sherry vinegar, or to taste
- 1/3 teaspoon curry powder, or to taste
- Chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt
Using a fork, chop or lightly mash the eggs. Add the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, ground chiles, vinegar, curry powder, and cilantro. Season with a pinch of kosher salt.
Mix well and adjust seasonings as needed.