The stark difference between the morning crisp air and freezing temperatures and the midday heat is surprising. It is hard to believe it is December in the middle of the day right now. While we would love to see some rain on the horizon, we are taking advantage of the dry spell to continue to clean out the fields, bring in more storage crops, and to organize the barns.
- Winter squash
- Pac Choy
- Chicories, including puntarelle and radicchio
- Parsley and cilantro
- Revolution Bread is available
WATERMELON RADISH TOAST WITH MISO-HONEY BUTTER, from dishingupthedirt.com
- 2 watermelon radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 pieces of good quality bread
- 1-2 tablespoons minced parsley
- flakey sea salt
Prepare the miso honey butter. Place your bread in a toaster oven and toast until dark brown. Remove from the oven and slather with a healthy portion of the miso-honey butter and top with minced parsley and flakey sea salt.
MISO HONEY BUTTER
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 5 tablespoons white miso paste
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
Whisk all the ingredients together until completely smooth and creamy. Taste for seasonings and adjust as necessary.